About the Opportunity
We are looking for a sharp, multi-talented, and driven Technical Architect to help lead software development projects at Sidebench. A Technical Architect’s responsibility will be to guide projects from the concept phase through to development completion, making well-researched architectural decisions and leading our development team along the way, while stepping in and contributing code when necessary. Software development is a team effort, but the buck stops with you.
The ideal candidate should be strategic, pragmatic, and passionate about software development best practices. We’re looking for someone who is able to communicate complex technical concepts with ease. Our next Technical Architect should be introspective, always incorporating feedback and lessons learned to improve our processes. This is an excellent opportunity for a personable, empathetic, and well-rounded engineer who wants to make a profound impact with a growing, innovative company.
- Work with our product management and design teams to lead the development of client projects
- Interface directly with our clients and build rapport with technical stakeholders
- Perform code reviews and provide developer feedback
- Define technical and functional requirements, create technical documentation and architecture diagrams for a wide range of products
- Think critically about the big picture and consider product strategy throughout the entire lifespan of the product
- Draft APIs, database schemas, state machine diagrams, and logic maps for projects
- Communicate technical architecture recommendations to clients
- Collaborate with and oversee our distributed development and QA teams
- Validate development estimates and lead daily scrums with the PM
- Constantly analyze and communicate risks to internal and external teams
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new software tools, languages, libraries, and frameworks
- 4+ years professional software development experience in at least two of the following domains:
- Web: Ruby (Rails), Node.js, React, Vue.js
- Mobile: React Native, iOS (Swift), Android (Java/Kotlin), Unity
- Significant previous work with network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON
- Strong understanding of the principles of object-oriented, functional, and event-driven programming
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment, DevOps, TDD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to think outside of the box and consider alternative development methods whenever possible
- Must be responsive, proactive, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Must be comfortable leveraging remote dev teams to achieve greater productivity
- Must be comfortable juggling up to 3-4 different client projects simultaneously
- Interest in emerging technologies
- (Bonus) Significant open source contributions
- (Bonus) Experience and interest in data science or machine learning
Please apply through this link
Sidebench is a leading product development studio and modern tech consultancy that was founded in 2012 by Forbes 30 Under 30 member Kevin Yamazaki. We’ve been named one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine over each of the past 3 years and we’ve landed on Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of America’s Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America over the past 2.
Sidebench specializes in the strategy, design, and building of entire tech-enabled businesses, enterprise platforms & systems, custom mobile & web apps, and internal software that help solve problems for some of the world’s most respected brands and social impact organizations.
We’re a lean team that’s?obsessed with continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, delivering deep specialized expertise, and driving true innovation at a level above the biggest incumbent players in our industry. Our focus is to create great experiences for our end users and provide a great place to work for our people.
Clients include:?Red Bull, Facebook, Oakley, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, Sony Pictures, United Talent Agency (UTA), NBC Universal, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Imagine Entertainment, Chelsea Handler, Pressed Juicery, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Cedars-Sinai, Foster Care (DCFS), UCSF Innovation, Instagram, American Heart Association, Microsoft, and many others.